Friday, October 2, 2009

Life in Seattle

I currently live in Seattle, and am really enjoying exploring it. It's definately full of some of the most beautiful natural spots I have ever seen inside a city.One great thing about Seattle is how much use they make of space that would ordinarily be empty. There are parks, walkways, mountain bike parks, and dog parks everywhere.

I'm still very new to seattle. I moved here about a year and a half ago from New Orleans. The lifestyle is very different up here, but I'm enjoying meeting new people and exploring new places.

The public transportation here is very good compared to other cities. Although you may spend a little time waiting on busses, they go all over the city and have fairly reliable routes. Downtown there are even zones where it's free to ride. That makes getting around without having to worry about parking pretty easy.

On the whole, people also seem more educated and enviornmentally conscious here than in other places I've lived or traveled to. Even the homeless folks at the corner may have an errodite and engaging conversation with you if you care to listen.

Come with me on my exploration of the Emerald City- that's what this blog is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment